Saturday, May 5

The Avengers (2012)

Directed by Joss Whedon

The culmination of several years – and several movies' – build-up pays off, big time. The Avengers is perhaps the best super hero movie I've ever seen. Joss Whedon's writing and directing are brilliant, working to all his strengths, combining action and character development in an ensemble setting. I'm sure if I wanted to I could find things to criticise, but quite frankly I don't want to. Rather, I want to hold onto the incredible feeling of satisfaction, signified by the grin that stayed on my face almost continuously through two and a half hours – punctuated by a couple of instances where I laughed so hard l cried – for as long as I can. I may come back later and give a more in-depth review, but for now I'll leave it at that – I loved this movie!

Three cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment