Today, I decided to see what I could confirm given the ready-at-hand resources of the Internet. Here's what I found (all times Central Standard because that's where Dallas is, and that's where we lived in Monroe, Louisiana):
- Approx. 12:30 pm: JFK is shot [link].
- 12:30-1:00 pm: CBS time-slot for As the World Turns [link].
- 12:48 pm: CBS interrupts As the World Turns for Walter Cronkite to announce that the President has been shot [link to video].
- Approx. 1:00 pm: JFK is pronounced dead [link].
- (1:00-1:30 pm: CBS time-slot for Password [link].)
- (1:30-2:00 pm: CBS time-slot for Art Linkletter's House Party [link].)
- 1:33 pm: Official announcement of JFK's death [link].
- 1:38 pm: Walter Cronkite announces JFK's death "President Kennedy died at one p.m. Central Standard Time, two o'clock Eastern Standard Time, some 38 minutes ago" [link to video].
And so I continue to maintain that the JFK Assassination is, indeed, my "first clear, specifically dateable memory."