Monday, February 27

Superman/Supergirl Thom Zahler Triple Shots


A few weeks ago, Thom Zahler, the creator of the charming Love and Capes series (volume three reviewed here), announced a new offering through his Facebook page – at least, that's how I learned about it, but I guess if you follow his website or blog you would have found out about it as well, e.g. the original announcement. To quote that announcement, “They're a chance to see the whole drawing process, from pencils to inks to colors. They measure 5.5” x 17” and feature a reproduction of the pencils, the actual inks, and then a colored version of the art.” I thought, “That sounds cool,” and jumped into his first week's set of on-line offerings, asking for a sketch of Supergirl. I was right. It is cool. So a couple weeks later, I asked him for a sketch of Superman, already having a plan. The result:

Super-cool, huh? I had kind of hoped to put them in a larger frame with a blue 11"x17” matte cut-out, but there was no such thing in my small-town Wally World, and I got the last frame of any kind that was available this morning that would have been suitable. I'm satisfied, though. 

 I can definitely see myself picking up some more of these in future. I already have in mind another framed pair of Aquaman and Mera, maybe even a “Triple Shots Triptych” of Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, and Captain Marvel, Jr.

Thanks, Thom! ... and Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment